Individual memberships and donations
Virginia Bicycling Federation
PO Box 7282
Richmond, VA 23221
VBF is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your donation is tax deductible to the extent allowable by law.
Why Become a Member?
If you believe in what we do, you can help support it. We take the lead in representing cyclists in the state legislature, and in working directly with agencies like VDOT and DCR.
Attend VBF Retreats
Held at a state park lodge or similar setting, we brainstorm, network, and ride with fellow bike advocates — local, regional, and national — and representatives from government agencies:
- Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT)
- Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR)
- Local MPO, county, city and town officials
- Rails to Trails Conservancy
- International Mountain Bicycling Association (IMBA)
- League of American Bicyclists
- Alliance for Biking and Walking
- Bike Virginia
- Friends of the Rivers of Virginia
- Regional and local advocacy orgs like WABA, BikeWalk RVA, and Bike Charlottesville
- Local government programs like BikeArlington and Ride Solutions
- Bike clubs from all over!
These networking opportunities can greatly facilitate working toward your advocacy goals. Meet the people who make things happen, and become part of the process.