SB736, the Senate’s anti-dooring bill, is on the docket for Wed. afternoon’s meeting of the Senate Transportation Committee. If your senator is on the committee, please contact them tonight, or first thing in the morning, and ask them to support SB736, “opening motor vehicle doors.”
Senate Transportation Committee Members
- Sen. Stephen D. Newman (R-Forest) Chair
- Sen. Harry Blevins (R-Chesapeake)
- Sen. Bill Carrico (R-Grayson)
- Sen. Chuck Colgan (D-Manassas)
- Sen. Creigh Deeds (D-Bath)
- Sen. Barbara Favola (D-Arlington)
- Sen. Dave Marsden (D-Burke)
- Sen. Henry Marsh (D-Richmond)
- Sen. Ryan McDougle (R-Mechanicsville)
- Sen. Jeff McWaters (R-Virginia Beach)
- Sen. Phil Puckett (D-Tazewell)
- Del. Jim Scott (D-Merrifield)
- Sen. Ralph Smith (R-Roanoke)
- Sen. Frank Wagner (R-Virginia Beach)
- Sen. John Watkins (R-Midlothian)
Again, if you live in any of these senators’ districts, please write or call your senator.
Everyone else can email the whole committee. Richmond Sunlight’s committee page has a list of email addresses to simply copy and paste into your email program.
Let’s not get doored anymore!