All VBF Members are invited to join the Board for a weekend retreat and work session, with the goals of:
- Setting and prioritizing goals for the organization
- Developing objectives, strategies and tactics to meet priority goals
- Reviewing bicycling related actions by the Virginia General Assembly
- Planning for the 2008 Cross State Ride
- Brainstorming and sharing Bike Month plans from across the state
- Some great riding, of course!
Member clubs/organizations are invited to send a representative to bring your organization’s ideas and concerns to the board.
The agenda is still in development, but here’s the basic plan:
- Friday — meet, greet, and network.
- Saturday — work session:
- Setting goals and objectives, planning strategies and tactics
- Plan the 2008 Cross State Ride
- Virginia General Assembly update
- Sharing and Networking
- Dinner — Stone Soup — everyone brings a can of vegetables, and together we will make a tasty meal.
- Sunday — Board meeting
About James River State Park — Lodge 16
The Lodge sleeps 16 in six bedrooms, Linens and towels are provided per
person (not changed daily) The lodge is handicapped accessible. The
lodge is a no smoking facilitiy. Public use or display of alcohol is
- $30 per person if paid by Feb. 23
- $40 per person if paid after Feb. 23
Member Clubs and Organizations may send one representative. All other
attendees must be VBF members.
Reserve your place now!
RSVP to Sheryl Finucane (804-448-3754 or email@example.com) no later than
Wednesday, February 27 to reserve your dorm space, and so we’ll bring
enough food! The lodge has limited space. So don’t delay.
Send a check, payable to “Virginia Bicycling Federation,” to:
140 Lake Caroline Dr.
Ruther Glen, VA 22546.
Please provide the following information with your RSVP:
- Club/Organization affiliation (if applicable
- Special food needs?
- Arrival — Friday evening or Saturday
- Meals you will participate in: Saturday breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner; Sunday breakfast
…is encouraged! Make this a fun weekend with friends!
What to bring:
- Canned Vegetables for Stone Soup (Saturday dinner)
- Personal items
- Sleeping bag or blanket and pillow — bedding is included, but you might
need extra covers.
- Clothes for weather conditions
- Bike for Saturday and Sunday rides
- Club materials for sharing ideas and group discussion
- Snacks to share–there are no vending machines or convenient stores
- Passion for cycling and for a bicycling friendly Virginia!
For more information
Contact Sheryl Finucane, 804-448-3754 or firstname.lastname@example.org